|Long||33 o 57 / E|
|Lat||26 o 44 / N|
|Port ID Number (ISPS Code)||17891|
|Time Zone||GMT +2|
|Weather||Prevailing winds are north west and south east|
|Water Density||1.04 g./cm3|
|Tidal range and flow||1.2 m. to 2.1 m.|
The port is located in the Red Sea Governorate on the western coast of the Red Sea. It is a broad bay (natural gulf) on a distance of 60 km. south of Hurgada and at a distance of 225 nm. south of Suez port. This broad bay is naturally protected from the eastern and the northern sides by Safaga Island, and protected from the prevailing western winds by mountains. Yet, for a short period of time, It is affected by southern winds (El-Azeeb) which causes disturbances and waves inside the port . The port drafts are deep, which enable the port to receive the large vessels.
|Total Port Area||57.1 km2 (57153000 m2)|
|Water Area||56.5 km2 (56490000 m2)|
|Land Area||0.7 km2 (663000 m2)|
|Total Yards Area||200159 m2|
Port Services and Facilities
- Port Authority's Gate.
- Emergency Gate (1).
- Emerhency Gate (2).
- Railway trains entrnce and departure Gate.
- Passengers terminal's entrans & departure's Gate(2).
- Trucks entrance & departure Gate.
Bunkering and Supplies
- Fresh water
- Spare parts
- Heavy fuel
- Light fuel
- Machinery requirements
- Maritime equipments and publications
- Accomodation requirements
- Food stuff
- Pilotage and tugging
- Waste water reception
- Cleaning fees: 5% of total fees for all vessel types except for general cargo vessels 3%
- A dock for repair operations is available
Security, Safety and Environmental Preservation Properties
- Fire fighting.
- Medical care.
- Pollution combating/prevention.
|Address||Safaga Port, The Red Sea|
|Radio||Suez Radio is recommended for message transmission and Communication can be done through the Nile Sat.|