|Port ID Number (ISPS Code)||17350|
|Time Zone||+2 GMT|
|VHF||9 11 16 13|
|Long||29 o 49 / E|
|Lat||31 o 08 / N|
|Weather||Prevailing winds are North West.|
|Wind Scale||2-3 Beaufort (in summer), 3-4 Beaufort (in winter)|
|Water Density||1.030 g/cm3|
|Tidal range and flow||0.46 m. above the constat level of the map|
It is considered a natural extension of Alexandria Port. Work has started at Dekheila Port since 1980, and its use has been phased since 1986, when the metal berth (berth 90) began operating. The port occupies the former site of the air port of the Dekheila Air Base, west of Alexandria port, about 7 km by sea and about 10 km by land.
The site has the following characteristics:
- A bay with great depths on the sea side, which reduces the cost of cleaning, in addition to the fact that the northern side of it represents a shallow site and several small islands that contribute to the low cost of the barrier when it is established.
- A semi-sand area, which constitutes a saving in the cost of backfilling and buildings.
- Ease of connection with national roads (Alexandria/Cairo Desert Road) and railways.
- The site is close to the Dekheila steel complex, the free zone and the West Alexandria power plant project, which saves the cost of transporting the required raw materials.
- The presence of a network of railways, which facilitates the transportation of goods for foreign trade.
- The floor space is sufficient for the port's future phases and allows for the establishment of a logistics area.
|Total Area||6.24 sq.Km.|
|Water Area||2.74 sq.Km.|
|Land Area||3.50 sq.Km.|
Maximum Capacity 27.1 million ton/year:
- General Cargo: 8.1 million ton.
- Bulk: 3.4 million ton
- Containerized Cargo: 10 million ton
- TEU Capacity: 1000000
- Max. Ship Size: 168000 GRT
- Working Hours: 24 hr. (scheduled time)
Services and Facilities
Gate 1: Emergency and closure.
Gate2: Iron and steel coal.
Gate3: Allocated for private cars mini buses and buses.
Gate4: Trucks entry.
Gate5-6: Trucks exit.
Gate7: Emergency and closure.
Gate8: Odd parcels.
Gate9: Administrative region gate.
Gate 10: A separating gate between administrative and customs regions.
Gate 11: Exists in front of Alexandria international containers company leading to the marine services region.
Gate 12: Emergency closure and closure leading to the Naval Forces.
Supply and Bunkering
- Fresh water
- Electric appliances
- Ballast water reception
- Navigational publications
- Provisions free zone
- Accommodation requirements
- Spare parts
- Light fuel gas terminal
- Liquefied gas terminal
- Air transport
Security, Safety and Environmental Preservation Properties
- Safety Service
- Rescue OPeration
- Medical capabilities
- Fire Fighting
- Pollution Combating
|Address||Dekheila Port Authority (Affiliated to Alexandria Port Authority) 106 El-Horreya Avenue.|
|Telephone||03/4460124 to 4460126 (3 Lines) 03/4460130|