The Ministry of Transport issues 7 important decisions to maximize foreign yacht tourism in Egypt
H.E Lieutenant general / Kamel Al-Wazir – Minister of Transport announced the strategy of maximizing foreign yacht tourism in Egypt after the issuance of H.E Prime Minister’s Decision No. 2721 of 2022 issuing a regulation for foreign yacht tourism in marinas and ports.
The strategy included the following:
- Establishment of a single digital window for foreign yachts managed, operated, supervised and developed by the Ministry of Transport (Maritime Transport Sector), the Single window will be launched on Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Determining a unified tariff for docking fees on all state-owned berths, passenger terminals and tourist ports in a single currency.
- Allowing foreign yachts to leave from any port or tourist marina without being restricted to leaving from the arrival port or marina
- Issuance of a unified code for the establishment and operation of marinas and ports in the Arab Republic of Egypt to be a guide for all users.
- Finalizing the procedures to obtain the necessary approvals and permits for the yacht within a period not exceeding three days and in case of a repeat visit to the country, the period for obtaining those approvals and permits should not exceed one day.
- Providing links on the website of the foreign yachts digital single window of the official websites of the Passports, Immigration and Nationality Department to obtain an electronic visa for entry of the passengers on board the yacht, as well as to the official website of the Suez Canal Authority.
- Determining a unified tariff for docking fees on all state-owned berths, passenger terminals and tourist ports in one currency to avoid the problem of conflicting fees for foreign yachts in Egyptian ports
It is worth mentioning that the official addresses of the foreign yacht tourism single window on the international information network (Internet). www.mts.gov.eg