The development of human resources to raise the performance levels at Alexandria port (August 2004):
The entity that carried out the study:
Researches and Consultations Center affiliated to the Maritime Transport Sector-Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport
The objective of the Study:
The development of human cadres working in Alexandria Port Authority.
- Very large organizational chart –duplication of some jobs.
- The absence of a marketing department to undergo the marketing of port services
- Human resources are not fully utilized with the presence of over-staff in some fields and shortage in others
- Giving privilege to the tenders of companies that will provide services in the port using B.O.T system if they include plans for the employment of over- staff at the port or if they provide alternative training option for these labor.
- Setting the necessary mechanism that focus on the proper development and planning of training courses